As a global company, specialized in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, SOA & Enterprise Middleware, Mobility, Collaboration & Development tools, we deliver top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With more than 1600 customers in 75 countries, including Porsche, Vodafone, Lufthansa, Nike, Audi and Samsung, Xpand IT is recognized by its deep technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a superb Java Backend Developer. But, more than just a Senior Developer, we seek a Ninja Engineer in advanced software architectures in its fullness (aka “full stack”).
We are looking for someone who is able to use the right tools to create or contribute to web applications with clean, portable and well-documented code. But before writing that code, it needs to collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their particular needs, then translate those into technical requirements and come up with the most effective and efficient solution for architecting the technology.
A typical day of a Backend Developer, will go from build maintainable and responsive web applications and as a team member work with the “client side” software engineers to ship the product with the best API. The technical skills are important, but he should also value the soft skills. Present a proof of concept, discuss requirements with the team, set priorities and appropriate delivery time, being able to share knowledge with the team and produce quality documentation are skills we expect but we will also help to develop.
THIS NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Solid knowledge and minimum of 3 years’ experience in Java development (JSE and JEE) ; Experience in the design and implementation of multi-layer Web architectures.
- We value experience in the following fields:
- Application / Web servers: Red Hat JBoss, Apache Tomcat. IBM Websphere.
- Build Frameworks: Gradle and/or Maven
- Experience on Server Side frameworks such as Node.js
- Practical experience on related Database modelling (E/R Modelling).
- Being able to use development methodologies (Scrum) and Tools for Development Support (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo) ;
Innovation capacity, good communication skills and easy integration into working teams ;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) ;
- Possibility and willingness to travel though Europe (maximum period of 2 months),
… and above all “Passion for Excellence”
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Flexible work hours and partial/full remote work.
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for.
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) or send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference position (JAVA_BE_DEV).