As a global company, specialized in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, SOA & Enterprise Middleware, Mobility, Collaboration & Development tools, we deliver top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With more than 1600 customers in 75 countries, including Porsche, Vodafone, Lufthansa, Nike, Audi and Samsung, Xpand IT is recognized by its deep technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Java/Scala Developer who is able to:
- Work with customers to understand their needs on emerging use cases like stream processing and machine learning.
- Work on building a reliable and scalable application.
- Solve challenging problems.
For this role the technical skills are important, but we also value the soft skills. Present a proof of concept, discuss requirements, set priorities and appropriate delivery time, being able to share knowledge with the team and produce quality documentation are skills we expect but we will also help to develop.
THIS NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Graduation / degree in Information and Technology or similar;
- Good Knowledge Linux based operating systems;
- Experience in programming languages such as Java and/or Scala;
- Knowledge/Interest in the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Spark) will be valued;
- Knowledge/Interest in NoSQL databases (ex: MongoDB), trade-off analysis and ideally in ETL and modelling contexts will be valued;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
… and above all “Passion for Excellence”
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Flexible work hours and partial/full remote work.
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for.
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) or send us your CV to email@example.com, with the reference position (BD_SCALA).