As a global company, specialized in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Enterprise Middleware, Mobility, Collaboration & Development Solutions, we deliver top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With more than 1600 customers in 75 countries, including Porsche, Vodafone, Lufthansa, Nike, Audi and Samsung, Xpand IT is recognized by its deep technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative human resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers and entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer for the Xpand Add-ons family of products. Xpand Add-ons is an Xpand IT division that delivers World-Class Add-ons for Atlassian Products, more information about this team is available at www.xpand-addons.com.
In addition to advanced knowledge of software development practices, the candidate should also be someone with a particular interest in designing, implementing and improving software products. Whoever is selected, will work on projects from scratch to glory as well as in partnership with our customers, especially in the identification of new features.
A typical day of a Junior Software Engineer, will go from:
- Design, develop and on time deliver applications and components;
- Work with the Product Manager, gain an understanding of the business requirements for assigned tasks;
- Work with Technical Lead, gain an understanding of design patterns, principles and standards to be followed in implementing assigned tasks;
- Recommend, design and implement on-going application and architectural improvements;
- Create and document design specifications and other technical documents as required;
- Understand and follows all coding standards;
- Create robust, well documented code.
Work in an Agile environment to incorporate technical product gaps that may be considered for inclusion in future product roadmaps, ensure cross-component communication and design with other developers, ensure scalable design implementations that focus on code/module/component reuse, are skills we expect but we will also help to develop.
THIS NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Degree in Computer Science/IT or related field or equivalent experience;
- Solid knowledge and experience with Java development, including facility with Java frameworks (e.g. Spring);
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL;
- Being able to use development methodologies (Scrum) and Tools (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo);
- Innovation capacity, good communication skills and easy integration into working teams;
- Interest in open source technology;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Possibility to travel though Europe (maximum period of 1 month).
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Work in a software product team;
- World-class customers;
- Flexible work hours and remote work;
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for.
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) or send us your CV to email@example.com with the reference position (XP_JSE_PD).