Everything we do is to inspire others to achieve outstanding results. We do this by investing in IT mastery to generate market value. As a global company specializing in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Middleware, Enterprise Mobility, and Collaboration and Development tools, we have top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With a posture of honesty and cooperation with more than 180 clients in the service area and more than 3000 that use our products in 76 different countries, Xpand IT is recognized for its technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Big Data Administrator to join our team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be present not only in the installation of large-scale distributed systems, but also in their maintenance and integration with other external systems. With special attention in performance tuning, application of best practices and considerations in the security level.
For us the technical component is important, but we also value the taste and the curiosity for the technology. If you do not have technical knowledge of Big Data, you do not need to worry, we’re ready to train and mentor you.
You can be part of a team that will help you to overcome your limits and that will always be with you! Your days can be spent working with the team in Portugal or abroad, but one thing we always guarantee, our good work environment and the sharing of Xpand values.
And do not kid yourself, our main goal is to make a difference and you can be part of it.
THE NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar;
- Experience with Shell Linux (e.g., bash);
- Willingness to learn or previous experience in cluster deployment;
- Curiosity on Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Confluent, MongoDB, Cassandra) will be valued;
- Experience with MIT Kerberos or Windows Active Directory will be valued, but not required;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Availability to travel throughout Europe (maximum 2 months).
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Flexible schedule and good locations;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for.
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) with the reference position (BD_Admin) or send us your CV to email@example.com.