Everything we do is to inspire others to achieve outstanding results. We do this by investing in IT mastery to generate market value. As a global company specializing in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Data Science, Middleware, Digital Xperiences, and Collaboration and Development tools, we have top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With a posture of honesty and cooperation with more than 180 clients in the service area and more than 3000 that use our products in 76 different countries, Xpand IT is recognized for its technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer to join our team and participate in the design and implementation of exciting and complex data-driven solutions for national and international clients.
A typical day of a Data Scientist goes through the research of the state of the art techniques and algorithms, implementation of end-to-end solutions according to best practices and communication with the stakeholders, including analyzing and manipulating data, formulating and experimenting hypothesis, implementing and optimizing machine learning models and presenting results to both technical and business stakeholders.
For this role the technical skills are important, but we also value your soft skills and motivation.
Expect to be a part of a team ready to train and mentor you that will make you push through your limits in more than one way – but that will be with you all the way! Your days can be spent working in Portugal or abroad – but always raising the Xpand IT flag high! And make no mistake, you will be better because of everything you’ll do, because our main objective is to make things that count and you’ll be a part of that.
THE NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Background/degree from the fields in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related;
- Data analysis and machine learning knowledge, namely:
- Knowledge of SQL, data manipulation and visualization techniques;
- Python/R programming skills and knowledge of common numerical and machine learning packages (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Knowledge of Statistics and Maths concepts;
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Spark, Hive);
- Best practices and programming quality;
- Good communication and innovation skills
- Ability to understand complex analytical problems and elaborate different approaches;
- Responsibility, organization and easy integration into working teams;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Possibility and willingness to travel though Europe (maximum period of 2 months).
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for!
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) or send us your CV, with the reference position (XP_DSE), to firstname.lastname@example.org.