As a global company, specialized in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, SOA & Enterprise Middleware, Mobility, Collaboration & Development tools, we deliver top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With more than 2000 customers in 76 countries, including Porsche, Vodafone, Lufthansa, Nike, Audi and Samsung, Xpand IT is recognized by its deep technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a ETL/Java Developer to join our team!.
We are looking for someone who is able to play an active part in conceiving and deploying highly complex Big Data solutions, while doing the necessary research over the best practices on database infrastructures based on the Hadoop ecosystem.
A typical day in the team, will go from optimizing configurations and data models, understand relevant operational systems and conceive the necessary steps to ingest and manipulate huge amounts of data. These operations must be completed using key frameworks in such manner that the result must be as optimal in terms of scalability, fault tolerance and performance.
For this role the technical skills are important, but we also value the soft skills. If you don’t have technical knowledge with Hadoop, you don’t have to worry as we are ready to train and mentor you as long as is necessary.
Expect to be a part of a team that will make you push through your limits in more than one way – but that will be with you all the way! Your days can be spent working in Portugal or abroad – but always raising the Xpand IT flag high! And make no mistake, you will be better because of everything you’ll do, because our main objective is to make things that count and you’ll be a part of that.
THE NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Degree or Master in Computer Science/IT or related field;
- Curious about the Hadoop ecosystem components;
- At least 2 years experience in ETL and modelling contexts;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java and/or Scala;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Possibility and willingness to travel though Europe (maximum period of 2 months).
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Flexible schedule and good locations;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for!
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) with the reference position (DMI_EJ) or send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.