As a global company, specialized in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, SOA & Enterprise Middleware, Mobility, Collaboration & Development tools, we deliver top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With more than 2000 customers in 76 countries, including Porsche, Vodafone, Lufthansa, Nike, Audi and Samsung, Xpand IT is recognized by its deep technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Scala / Java Developer to join our team!
We are looking for someone who is able to promote robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and has a clear focus on the big picture.
A typical day in the team, will go from building large scale distributed systems with focus on performance, availability, and simplicity and conceive the necessary steps to manipulate huge amounts of data. You will use Spark in the context of data streaming, machine learning and interactive analysis.
For this role the technical skills are important, but we also value your soft skills. If you haven´t been that exposed to Big Data problems, you don’t have to worry as we are ready to train and mentor you.
Expect to be a part of a team that will make you push through your limits in more than one way – but that will be with you all the way! Your days can be spent working in Portugal or abroad – but always raising the Xpand IT flag high! And make no mistake, you will be better because of everything you’ll do, because our main objective is to make things that count and you’ll be a part of that.
THE NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Degree / Master in Computer Engineer or related field;
- At least 2 years experience in programming languages (e.g., Java);
- Desire to learn or previous experience in developing with Scala;
- Curiosity in the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka/Confluent) will be valued;
- SQL databases knowledge for data modelling contexts;
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases and interested in using them (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase);
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Possibility and willingness to travel though Europe (maximum period of 2 months).
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Flexible schedule and good locations;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for!
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) with the reference position (DMI_SJ) or send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.