At Xpand IT, the Data Science business unit role is to solve new technological challenges, combining software engineering, statistics, and artificial intelligence expertise. This skillset allows to perform extensive data analyses to identify patterns and behaviours in order to try to solve challenging and diverse data driven problems.
As a Data Scientist at Xpand IT you’ll have the opportunity to work on real world problems in some of the top industries: Banking, Telecommunications, Retail, among others. Your mission will always be to retrieve meaningful insights from data, by applying data science techniques such as predictive modelling, pattern recognition and machine learning to specific problems.
Your daily activities will include:
- Capture, transform and standardize raw data into intelligible and relevant information;
- Develop data processing software in programming languages such as Python and R;
- Research, analyse and implement state-of-the-art algorithms in order to make the best use of the dataset under analysis;
- Use predictive and statistical distribution models;
- Conduct Exploratory Data Analyses and elaborate reports based on it and the logical conclusions.
// Stacks: Python/ R, NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SQL
- MSc/BSc in a revelant area with a strong programming foundation;
- Knowledge of statistics and mathematical concepts such as probability theory, distributions, hypothesis testing;
- Knowledge or experience in machine learning: classification, clustering, feature engineering;
- Programming skills in Python/ R and knowledge of common numerical and machine learning packages (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PySpark);
- Knowledge of SQL, data manipulation and visualization techniques;
- Strong communication skills both in Portuguese and English (written and spoken)
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Passion for data and its preparation and conversion (raw -> readable -> feature engineering)
- Experience in text analytics
- Team player and problem-solving skills