Complex problems require the right expertise! Today one of the biggest challenges is data storage and processing, across these three main domains (3Vs): Volume, Velocity and Variety.
At Xpand IT, the Big Data technological area develops and implements architectures and software solutions that represent the state of the art on the capture, ingestions, process, enrich, storage and management of critical data from huge clusters where the 3Vs are always present. In what concerns to technology stack, we take advantage of almost all state-of-the-art frameworks in Big Data ecosystem such as Spark, Kafka, Hive/Impala, Azure Data Services, MongoDB using Java and Scala as programming language to interact with them.
As a Big Data Project Manager you’ll assume a set of responsibilities that range from team coordination, to project scope and duration control. You should think and act out of the box acting as a central point of communication between the entire team and the other teams external to the projects. In particular, in the Big Data area, you will have the opportunity to be in contact with large-scale and highly complex solutions.
Your daily activities will include:
- Coordinate the various project teams
- Define scope of project releases and sprints, ensuring the involvement of all stakeholders
- Anticipate and manage problems, conflicts and risks that arise during project releases
- Ensure fluid and timely communication between all teams that have an impact on the projects
- Develop and implement metrics for monitoring and evaluating project execution
- Ensuring the quality and excellence of each delivery
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience as a Tech Lead or Project Manager in the IT area
- Background or knowledge of Java and/or SQL development good practices
- Interest in Big Data ecosystems and their architecture
- Experience with development methodologies (Scrum) and tools to support development (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Motivation, willingness to innovate, good communication skills and teamwork. motivation
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- PMP and SCRUM certification
// Learn more about Big Data area: