Complex problems require the right expertise! Today one of the biggest challenges is data storage and processing, across these three main domains (3Vs): Volume, Velocity and Variety.
At Xpand IT, the Big Data technological area develops and implements architectures and software solutions that represent the state of the art on the capture, ingestions, process, enrich, storage and management of critical data from huge clusters where the 3Vs are always present. In what concerns to technology stack, we take advantage of almost all state-of-the-art frameworks in Big Data ecosystem such as Spark, Kafka, Hive/Impala, Azure Data Services, MongoDB using Java and Scala as programming languages to interact with them.
As a PMO for Big Data you will assume a set of responsibilities range from the financial management of the projects to the monitoring of the resources allocated to them. You will have a fundamental role as a link and communication between the teams and projects. In particular, in the Big Data area, you will have the opportunity to be in contact with large and highly complex solutions.
Your daily activities will include:
- Ensuring quality and work excellence
- Coordinate all project management, namely financial management and the management of resources allocated to projects
- Ensure a fluid and timely communication between all teams that have an impact on the projects
- Develop and implement metrics for monitoring and evaluating project execution
- Anticipate and manage problems, conflicts and risks that arise during the projects
- BSc/MSc in Management or equivalent
- 3/4 years of experience in PMO or project management
- Motivation, willingness to innovate, good communication skills and a taste for teamwork
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Professional experience in the IT area
- Experience with development methodologies (Scrum) and tools to support development (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- PMP and SCRUM certification
// Learn more about Big Data area: