The Middleware area at Xpand IT help clients to improve business processes from end to end by implementing software solutions that enable several applications / components of a distributed system to communicate and manage data in an efficient and scalable manner. By design, these solutions enable interoperability between applications that may run on different operating environments (operating system or cloud provider) and communicate by exchanging data based on industry standards (JSON, XML, etc).
As a Senior Middleware Engineer you will play a central role in the team, since you’ll be responsible for building the core system of the whole solution architecture. From business requirements to production deployment, you will be aware of every detail of the final solution. You will also be responsible for designing and implement it in compliance with best practices using microservices based architectures deployed in cloud environments.
Your daily activities will include:
- Participate in technical and functional analysis of complex and enterprise wide integration architectures
- Play a key role in requirement definition along with the architecture team and backend systems stakeholders.
- Guarantee that delivered code (own and team’s) is part of scalable solutions and that can be reused in the future and is compliant with enterprise integration best standards
- Manage multiple inputs from different technical stakeholders simultaneously
- Actively participate in the design and evolution of APIs & tools according to the team’s roadmap
- Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, flexibility, governance and reusability)
- Verify system logic by guarantee unit testing and help debugging during development and QA cycles
- Work with QA teams to conduct integrated (application and database) stress testing, performance analysis and fine tuning
- Support the process of migration of platforms and applications to production environments.
// Stacks: WSO2; XML, XPath, JSON, JBoss
- MSc / BSc in Information Systems and Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Experience with Middleware frameworks: Mulesoft, TIBCO, Red Hat, Oracle SOA Suite, IBM or WS02
- Experienced while using Linux operating systems
- Experience with Java based technologies (JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate)
- Experience of design patterns while implementing advanced and complex software solutions
- Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Strong experience in using Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, JIRA or equivalent tools
- Experience in the definition of Unit and Non-Regression Test Sets as well the implementation and refinement of a Continuous Integration (CI/CD) process to support the service development lifecycle
- Team player and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- English proficiency
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Knowledge or experience with Docker/Kubernetes ecosystem
- Knowledge or experience with microservices based architectures
// Learn more about Middleware area: