SUMOL+COMPAL is Portugal’s biggest soft drinks group, owning some of the most iconic and best-recognised brands in the country. With 5 industrial units, four in Portugal and one in Mozambique, it processes 25,000 tons of fruit annually and has more than 40 packaging lines. It has a portfolio of 16 brands divided into different segments of drinks and vegetables and currently exports to over 60 countries.
For several years SUMOL+COMPAL was looking for a solution to help its teams to manage the high volume of data collected around its logistics, transport and distribution activities. This situation was further aggravated by the pandemic, with remote teams being unable to physically cross-check information between team members.
After a careful evaluation of the challenges presented by the daily operation of the logistics, transport and distribution teams, Xpand IT implemented a portal, using Jira Service Management in the Cloud.
“The ability of our partner Xpand IT to find a solution to the particular needs of this specific business process gives SUMOL+COMPAL distinctive functional improvement and a significant reduction in the iterations that existed between various actors in the process.”
Hugo Gonçalves – Information Systems Manager, SUMOL+COMPAL MARCAS S.A
- An intuitive, user-friendly tool that meets the needs of distribution and support agents;
- Visibility for the whole company over the number of daily support requests and work conducted by the support teams;
- The ability to invest in preventive measures;
- Complete performance analysis by implementing even specific SLAs taking times and holidays into consideration;
- Complete oversight of different request types;
- Collection of metrics and access to dashboards for presentation at management meetings.
A collaborative platform that allows the management of the entire service catalogue of a given organisation. By utilising a ticket portal, users can make all kinds of support requests, whether they be application or business requests in general. Based on customisable workflows, a complete set of initiative-taking functionalities such as automation, requests enter resolution queues and are then directed to the right team, which allows for faster resolution of issues, as well as a unified view over the requests and work of the teams.