As a global company, specialized in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, SOA & Enterprise Middleware, Mobility, Collaboration & Development tools, we deliver top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With more than 800 customers in 58 countries, including Nasa, Tesla, Porsche, Vodafone, Lufthansa, Nike, Audi and Samsung, Xpand IT is recognized by its deep technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer. But, more than just a “Buzzword Guy”, we seek a curious Data Scientist in searching the Best Big Data Solutions.
We are looking for someone who is able to play an active part in conceiving and deploying highly complex Big Data business solutions and do the necessary R&D over the best practices on database infrastructures based on Hadoop, NoSQL Databases (MongoDB) and high scalability and availability frameworks (such as Cassandra and Apache Kafka);
A typical day of a Big Data Engineer, will go from optimizing Big Data configurations and data models, understand relevant operational systems and conceive the necessary steps to ingest and manipulate huge amount of data. These operations must be completed using key frameworks in such manner that the result must be as optimal as possible in terms of scalability, fault tolerance and performance.
For this role the technical skills are important, but we also value the soft skills. Present a proof of concept, discuss requirements, set priorities and appropriate delivery time, being able to share knowledge with the team and produce quality documentation are skills we expect but we will also help to develop.
THIS NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Interest in R&D about all the Big Data ecosystem frameworks
- Knowledge in the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, HBase) will be valued;
- Knowledge in NoSQL databases (ex: MongoDB), trade-off analysis and ideally in ETL and modelling contexts;
- Deep knowledge Linux based operating systems;
- Experience in programming languages such as Java, Phyton or Scala;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Possibility and willingness to travel though Europe (maximum period of 2 months),
… and above all “Passion for Excellence”
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Flexible work hours and partial/full remote work.
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for.
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) or send us your CV to email@example.com, with the reference position (BD_ENG).