As a global company, specialized in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, SOA & Enterprise Middleware, Mobility, Collaboration & Development tools, we deliver top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With more than 800 customers in 58 countries, including Nasa, Tesla, Porsche, Vodafone, Lufthansa, Nike, Audi and Samsung, Xpand IT is recognized by its deep technological knowledge and “Passion for Excellence”.
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone’s talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a world-class Android Engineer to join our development team. But, more than just a Developer, we seek for someone to help us build awesome Android apps that integrate with our services platform. We are looking for someone who can Lead the development of mobile apps for the Android platform.
This is an “Hands On” role, so a typical day of a Lead Android Developer, will go from leading the development team, participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts. It will also work with QA team in analysing and resolving product issues and defects and work with Release Engineering team. For this role the technical skills are important, but we also value the soft skills. Present a proof of concept, discuss requirements, set priorities and appropriate delivery time, being able to share knowledge with the team and produce quality documentation are skills we expect but we will also help to develop.
THIS NEXT XPANDER SHOULD HAVE…
- Solid knowledge and minimum of 3 years’ experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining native applications (show us your apps on Google Play) – deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps;
- Deep understanding of the Android APIs and integrating with device features;
- Solid knowledge of Java, Android Studio, Gradle and other IDE tools;
- Experience consuming RESTful services (integrating with RESTful API backends)
- An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns
- Experience with test suites, and writing tests for mobile apps;
- Experience writing minimal, but useful, developer documentation;
- Experience with debugging and creating workarounds to support a myriad of devices;
- Being able to use development methodologies (Scrum) and Tools for Development Support (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo) ;
Innovation capacity, good communication skills and easy integration into working teams ;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) ;
- Possibility and willingness to travel though Europe (maximum period of 2 months),
… and above all “Passion for Excellence”
WHAT WE OFFER
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Flexible work hours and partial/full remote work.
- Relaxed work environment;
- Fruit and coffee available;
- Health insurance;
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs;
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations;
- Social and team building events;
- Areas for leisure within the facilities;
- Protocols and other local benefits.
If you’ve read until here, then you are certainly who we are looking for.
Direct submission to this application on the form (right on the page) or send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference position (LEAD_AD).